Wednesday, August 23, 2006

TM

I could sit and stare into a fire for hours. Then suddenly find, when I snap out of the trance, that my feet are covered in sunflower seed shells.

I've finally snapped out of my summer trance and made my way back to the classroom. I spent two hours today walking around and pretending to be busy, when all I was doing was moving piles around. Some were on my desk while others stayed at my feet, covering my sandles.

I returned home just in time for lunch and about seventy-five daycare kids crowded around the Dutch farmhouse table I crafted with frugal hands. I returned to the garage where there are also a few more piles to move around before the summer's over. I quickly fell into another trance.

I think I've been using too much WD-40 lately.

3 comments:

Christine said...

It happens ;)

Brian the Mennonite said...

No kidding. It happened again last night...but this time, instead of sunflowerseed shells, it was empty O'Douls bottles.

Romeo Morningwood said...

or not enough!