Wednesday, December 27, 2006

crazy jane

It's not every year that I come up with a great gift giving idea. Most of the time I don't even know what I've gotten for the kids until Christmas morning when all the gifts have been opened. Joyce usually has that all wrapped up somewhere by the end of lambing season.

I've been noticing for the last few years that I have a budding artist in the family in my daughter Jane. I decided that one of the best gifts I could give her this year would be motivation and recognition. Joyce keeps telling me that what she really wants the most from me is approval. Well, Jane...I approve and here's your own avenue of inspiration.

I wish you a long and colourful life filled with rich hues, multi-mediums, and warm textures.

Merry Christmas, Jane.

3 comments:

Cherrypie said...

What a cool gift. And so cheap too.

You really are resourceful, Brian.

Hope you and your family have had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the rest of your holiday x

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift to inspire your daughter. A father's role is so incredibly important in a young girls life. Hats off to you Brian for taking the time to show her you love her.

valerie walsh said...

Imagine a world where all the people talked and treated there children this way and what amazing beings would be formed from this! If only!!! But for now you win the greatest Dad in the World award! Happy New Year Brian!