Monday, May 15, 2006

Leaving Piltdown

Beside me spins the wheel in the hamster cage. "Made in England", during the Industrial Revolution, I assume. As it spins, it brushes against the bed of wood shavings on the bottom, making a rythmic scraping. The hamster seems to know that he is going nowhere, but keeps purposefully running.

The attraction of the feed becomes too strong, and he rejects the wheel, leaving it for the upper level where the cash is stored. Nibble, nibble - some food for thought. Back to the race...I'm sure I can win this time.

Could someone tell me where the door is?

5 comments:

kyknoord said...

Is there ever a purpose, or is it entirely dependent on our subjective view of things?

Romeo Morningwood said...

That's the sort of life that you can expect if you just follow your instincts.

If you follow your heart on the other hand, you might accidently open the door to your cage one day.

However the six foot drop from the cage to the floor is no picnic so keep spinnin' the big wheel WooHoo!

andrea said...

The process *is* the purpose. Realising that is the crux of the biscuit.

Brian the Mennonite said...

Good thoughts from all three of you. This post actually sounds depressing, but it was written on a whim and I tapped out the thoughts as quickly as they entered my thinking. I was wondering what kind of interpretations I would receive in the comments. Maybe this is a sign of something, something hidden. I don't know.l It was a fun writing exercise, however. Perhaps a bit too introspective.

TheTart said...

So glad answers have been provided. I just really love the photo.
Shhh ... do I hear barn kitties?
=^..^=

Smooch,
The Tart
; )