Sunday, April 09, 2006

if your right hand offends you...

This morning while I was outside on the deck with a coffee in my left hand and my new camera in my right, I became a little confused as I put the camera to my lips to take a sip.

I can see where this is going. The obsession with something new is beginning. The camera has not been more than than three metres from my grasp since I bought it yesterday. As I make my way through the owner's manual, I become more excited at the prospect of more advanced photography. I was happy to capture the above photo last night at a friend's home. It's the colour, I think, that really draws me to it.

I'm a little worried about this evening as, when I go for my run, I'll be approximately ten kilometres away from my new baby. Perhaps I'll take a picture of it, and then immediately print a copy of it to take with me, seeing as now this is so convenient to do.

7 comments:

kyknoord said...

Try a negotiated settlement before reaching for the cleaver.

Anonymous said...

Does your wonderful new toy need a few seconds to compose itself after your press the button? That's my major complaint with the digitals I've played with; I keep losing the moment!

Congrats on the employment, by the way!

Cherrypie said...

I bought a new camera too but so far I haven't managed to connect it up to the pc to download the images properly.

I'm such a luddite.

Couldn't you fix it round your neck and hide it inside your vest just in case you see any fabulous vistas while you are on your run?

Should I not be encouraging you? Doh! x

Christy said...

So does this mean you can spend $$ on booze now? Ahhh, life is good...new camera and alcohol.

Anonymous said...

I think the picture is magnificent!

andrea said...

I saw some of your photos on Flickr. You are having fun aren't you, young man? :) And thank you for the button. It looks smashing against your black background!

carla said...

This is certainly a warm and fuzzy photo! I think I'll pop over to Flikr and see what else you have.