Saturday, April 15, 2006

You're Welcome


(The Buhler's beautiful home)

There are many reasons to claim that Fridays are good. This one is especially good in that it is a remembrance of a three day event which is the basis to an ever-evolving faith which I claim to share. I say it is evolving because there seems to be many things which I once held very closely, but now my grip has loosed. I am less certain of many things and have abandoned the incongruent ones, although the essence of my faith is still intact. That's what makes Easter so good. To me it signifies the entire message of Christ. It is a bringing together of souls that were doomed to be apart. Christ's entire life was a song which sang this beautiful chorus. Easter was the finale.

We have been singing a similar song in our life. We are fortunate to have a group of friends who ache to be together... and as often as possible. These are times to forget our woes, and a time to laugh and be loved. A time for some to forget that medication is the thing that stabalizes and sustains us. It's soul time...a time to be connected, deeply known. Bearing the conclusion of these times is done only through the anticipation of the next one.

I wish for all of you that your aches will be satisfied, and that you, too, will be not far from good company when your soul calls out for companionship.

Happy Easter.

4 comments:

andrea said...

You are indeed lucky to have friends like that nearby. That seems to be getting rarer as time goes by. It's something we seem to lack. We have friends but they're fragmented. That closely-knit thing happens with shared history and my 'historical' friends are far-flung.

As for Easter, I was listening to CBC1 while painting on Friday, and it dawned on me how different the story of Christ's final days is from so many other religions. It's not a simple faith at all, is it? It sounds very much like you are learning to adapt your faith to the different challenges/value systems of the current world.

Happy Easter Hildebrands!

valerie walsh said...

Hi Bri! I have missed reading your posts as i have been a little under the weather but i am back!!! It is nice that you always show gratitude for the things that so many of us take for granted! You sure do have a big kitchen and a nice bunch of friends and family! I am glad that you got a new camera and i hope you take lots of pix of your garden and your life! I am really looking forward to that. Have a wonderful day! p.s. your kids are so darling!

Carlotti said...

Thanks Brian - soul time is what I've been short on lately, and am realizing that it needs to become a bigger priority.

ditto on Easter - my favorite celebration - it becomes more meaningful, richer, and fuller every year.

Cream said...

Looks like a great family gathering for Easter! Hope you had a good one!