Saturday, April 08, 2006

I know what you did last summer

Last year's garden wasn't that successful, so when I started my seeds indoors this year, I wanted to keep a close eye on them as they grew...just in case something went wrong.

So that's where I've been since my last post...carefully babying my pepper and tomato seeds as they grew and became full of promise.

I could possibly have torn myself away long enough to write something, but I've also been busy renovating several rooms in the house, being begged to and accepting a teaching position teaching German to grades 4 through 8, planning and implementing birthday parties for two of my children, purchasing a new digital camera, and buying some amazing art.

Actually, sitting around and watching seeds grow is much like seizing the moment in every aspect of life. As the seeds sprout, all sorts of beautiful changes occur, resulting in a beautiful product. There is nothing quite as rewarding as seizing each moment of every day and pouring yourself into everything you do...seeing every moment as a gift. Much like my gifts using tools to renovate, my heritage and education to be able to effectively teach, my four amazing children to humble me and bring me great joy, my excitement for electronics, and eyes to clearly see and appreciate Andrea's passion.

I know what I'll do this summer...I'll do the same as what I did last year, except now I'll be able to seize each moment in a 4 megapixeled actuation, as well as in my soul.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Thank you, Brian. And that's one awesoem camera you have there! :)

Cherrypie said...

I love that cheeky grin in the second picture.

You are such a lucky guy. xx

Christy said...

Congrats on the new toy.

Colin has a salza section of the garden...love it. We opted out of the seedlings...we found ours did fine until they got transplanted and then they got shocked and died. So we do the garden centre thing where the plants are heartier and twice the size. ;)

Hope your garden grows well. :)

LDahl said...

Wasn't there something about "don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing?" IT IS SNEAKING UP TO CUT YOU OFF! Run hand run! (take the camera with you...sounds like it would make a good bargaining chip, threaten to drop it if things get too slicy-dicey)
Have fun with your new work related item...(toy:))) I'm really wanting one too...sigh, must be good, pay off credit card.......boring! Love the pics of your baby garden!

Anonymous said...

Im with Christy, I have tried to do the seedlings thing, and every stinkin time I kill them. I pay the extra and then if they die i can blame someone other than myself... well, no not really, I guess I would of killed those too.
I checked yesterday, and some of my perenials are coming up...so exciting.