Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In my neighbourhood


I’m the sort of person who thinks really highly of himself, and feels that there will be something extrememly important waiting for him in the mail.That’s why I stop here on the way home each day.

Today was no exception. I walked down the short hallway to box 1018.

I opened the box, and lo and behold...I am important after all. A package awaits. With card in hand, I head over to the service desk.


Oooooh...I wonder what it is? It comes all the way from British Columbia. The post lady plays along with an understanding smile. I immediately take it home and place it on the dinner table.

What do I do now? Should I wait until Joyce is in the house? Nah...I can’t wait.Where’s my pocket knife? Oh yeah...it’s in my pocket.


Aha...there it is. Just as promised...six business days later. WONDERFUL.


Andrea Pratt's Apple Branch .


THANKS ANDREA PRATT.You’ve made Brian one Happy Mennonite.

9 comments:

andrea said...

So happy it got there safely. Thanks, Brian. You are a good friend.

Cherrypie said...

You lucky lucky boy. I would love one of her small arts but I'm not sure how I could pay in dollars.

Will you post a photo of it hanging in situ please x

Brian the Mennonite said...

Andrea: My pleasure...and yes I am. :)

Cherrypie: I will as soon as the room is ready. And it is actually quite easy to pay in dollars. All you have to do is set up a Paypal account and you can pay Andrea directly in dollars. The transfer to between currencies is done automatically.

kyknoord said...

Now your stalkers can send you their underwear in the mail.

Brian the Mennonite said...

Kyknoord: I'll be fine with that as long as there is a fiver attached to each lacy pair.

Cherrypie said...

It's not as exciting as receiving Art in the post, but I've just sent you a Tag ( I didn't get Joyce 'cos I know she's already been infected so is temporarily immune)

Please visit me if you want to see the antidote xx

Cream said...

Brian, you are a lucky guy!
The painting is amazing! Andrea you did a fantastic job!

Reluctant Nomad said...

I can see why you bought it - it's beautiful! Clever, talented Andrea.

By the way, the underwear I'm sending you are freshly laundered! :-)

TheTart said...

U lucky dog!!!! Great art, dude. ; )

Smooch,
The Tart