Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm So Vain

Cherrypie has tagged me. I must list six random things about myself, and then tag six more people. She has instructed me to first post my six things, then go to six other blogs and let them know they are tagged and to find the details on your blog.

Some people are tagged often and find it to be annoying. As it's my first, this seems like fun...so here it is:

  1. This morning I sat ALONE in the 30 person hot tub, after completing my 100 lengths of the 25 metre pool, and I found myself embarrassed to find that my fingers were tapping along to a dance mix version of You're So Vain by Carly Simon. Did I mention that I was in the hottub alone?!
  2. I am allergic to nothing... but everything I eat gives me gas. (perhaps that's why I was alone in the hottub)
  3. I've been playing the guitar for 31 years.
  4. I smoked my first cigarette when I was eight, and there was a group of us who used to roll brown dried corn hair in cigarette paper whenever we couldn't sneak smokes from Brad Friesen's dad. I also smoked for three years in high school and then again for six more years after my first undergraduate degree. I have been smoke free for seven years.
  5. I love to cook, although I don't often. One of my favourite things to make is Prairie Blackbean Soup, who's recipe I lifted from the Westin Hotel in Winnipeg while working as a waiter. I will one day send the recipe to Cream so he can post it in his Food Blog.
  6. My favourite time of day is the first two hours after I get home from work. The work day is finished, the family is all at home, and I have not yet begun to think about the next day's work. All of this combined with a favourite drink makes for a precious two hours.

Now it's your turn...

Darren

Christy

Carol

Shelley

Christine

And anyone else who cares to be vain.

4 comments:

Cherrypie said...

Good going, Brian. I can understand how those tags can be irritating. I had planned to sit down and write a Booker-worthy post last night but felt it would have been churlish to have ignored my first ever tag. That and being also vain ( and a big Carly Simon fan).

I'll check in and see how your nominees fair over the weekend x

Cream said...

Really good, Brian!
I wish I could play the guitar!

Yes, you'll have to send me that recipe!

Did you blow bubbles in the hot tub?

The Unknown said...

Great post. Great facts. Cool stuff. :-)
love

TheTart said...

Ok, dude, no way will I ever hot tub with ya! Unless I like bubble in my hot tub, natch!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )