Monday, November 13, 2006

Carla Kurt


Christmas came a little early at the Hildebrand's today.

Instead of shopping for days and days with a gigantic list, my parents usually tell us to go out and buy ourselves something nice and they'll pay for it.

In February of this year, a blog aquaintance of mine via another blog aquaintance (I love how everything is connected in blogworld) posted a multimedia picture she had created. I had been watching her blog for a while but had not yet commented. I think we've all done that...lingered for a while and then when something stikes us (ouch) we finally take the step to make a comment.

When Carla posted this picture, I couldn't resist commenting. I also said that if she would ever consider selling the original, I would like her to remember me.

Last week she did just that. She was packing up several of her pieces and bringing them away to a special show. But she remembered my comment and wanted to give me a chance to buy it before she submitted it. I received a special delivery this afternoon.

I would probably do her work a great injustice if I attempted to describe it, so I will simply show you some of my favourites.

So thanks mom and dad for the gift...and thanks Carla.

3 comments:

carla said...

Brian...I'm blushing! Thanks for such kind words... and what an honor that my little turtle gsts to hang out with Andrea's work. Happy Christmas:>

Romeo Morningwood said...

WOW..I love her stuff too..I watched the incarnations of the flower girl.
You are turning into quite the collector...and because of all of the connections it means that much more.
Wonderful.

merlinprincesse said...

This is so cool to buy something from an artist we know from the web.. Hheheh! Cool of ya, Brian! :)