Friday, November 10, 2006

I promised

In early October I wrote a post about an art project I was doing with my grade 5/6 students. At the time, we were studying about the first Canadians and one particular artform: painting on cedar planks. Michele reminded me that I promised to post a group shot of the student's work when it was all done. These were "sticky tacked" to a wall just outside my classroom for the whole junior high wing to enjoy. Only one fell off the wall and split in two. Tiffany said she liked hers better that way anyways. She's such a sweet kid.


We are currently studying about Canadian Explorers. Any art ideas for me, Jacques Cartier?

8 comments:

mmichele said...

Those are amazing.

joyce said...

Hey, sugar plum! Nice blogs.
xo

andrea said...

Bright and beautiful. Will you teach me?

Carlotti said...

Those are amazing! You are the best teacher on earth.

Now about those baseboards.....

Brian the Mennonite said...

Michele: Thanks. It was a fun project, but it took a long time. "Doing" art the real way always takes a lot longer than the typical art period will allow.

Joyce: I hope you're having fun babe. However, I've never really liked plums.

Andrea: Ha! Yeah right. You are my master.

Carol: Too true, too true.
Did you know that having baseboards that are actually attached to the base of your walls is REALLY over rated.

Christine said...

Wow, they turned out great.

Romeo Morningwood said...

How about making some knockoff Cartier Handbags? Ooh lala!

carla said...

These are truly wonderful! I love that you incorporate creative expression in your teaching. I did take a look at the original post, and it just looks so exciting. I have found that allowing students to use creative expression while learning rather "dry" topics really helps them get into it...and look what comes out! Thanks for sharing these:>