Saturday, November 04, 2006

morning after pill

The day after a party is usually spent playing a type of catch up. The day begins normally with me getting to look at this beautiful face and then having some really great coffee.

You feel the need to spend some extra time with the kids doing whatever they feel like doing because you mostly ignored them the night before.
There isn't much food left in the house because you virtually emptied the cupboards to prepare and extravagant spread for your good friends. The result is that all there is left to eat is tuna; and that had to be stolen from the legs of the couch and replaced with whatever was left in dry storage.
Friday night, family night, was stolen so it had to be replaced. Thousands of beads. Becomes an instant family activity.

And now we're ready for the upcoming season of Christmas parties. I like this new commitment to celebrate more often.

This day has not been hard to swallow.

10 comments:

joyce said...

What a beautiful post. Makes me think; "I'd like to be part of that family, live in that house, hang out with those people".... then I realize-- HEY! I do!!

andrea said...

You've been a busy boy today, Brian. Now I'm feeling sorry for myself. I want to come visit! I'll even bring an offering of cans of tuna for the couch. And if Joyce's awesome cap goes missing -- it wasn't me!! :)

Carlotti said...

Lovely post, Brian. At first I thought the can of corn was going to represent a trip to Coop for ice cream?!

You're a good man.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Brian, you have a wonderful balance happening here.

Happy Parents = Happy Kids = Happy Parents = you get the idea..

joyce said...

Why I love this guy: He's sexy, and respects what I ask of him.

anna said...

I just want to say that I LOVE the wife's hat!

A committment to celebrate more often... I like that. I think I may just incorporate that into my own life. Thanks for the inspiration.

WithinWithout said...

Warmth and feeling and respect and gratitude...sounds like some great combination, Brian.

LDahl said...

I love how you look at your own world... I think that is what is one of the most special aspects of blogging, you can really start to understand how unique every persons' viewpoint is.

joyce said...

thanks for the hat compliments, people. I have a sister who loves to travel. She brought me that goodie from Nepal. I love it too.

Brian the Mennonite said...

Joyce cubed: I love you too. And this family wouldn't be anywhere near what it is without you. Like my students tell me...you rock Mr. (Mrs.) Hildebrand.

Andrea: I really wish you would come to visit. I have this strange feeling that it will be us coming to your house though. We've been talking B.C. for a long time now.
Just you wait Henry Higgins...just you wait.

Carol: Mmmmmm...Co-op ice-cream. Too bad it's only a summer thing.

HE: I think there's a math lesson in there somewhere. Methinks you could be the one to be giving the inservice. I've see you to be quite happily balanced.

Anna: I love it when Joyce wears it. She doesn't very often.
Celebrate good times...come on. I think there's a song in there somewhere.

WW: That's almost a combo #5. I'll take that as a really great Chinese proverb.

Lilah: I love SEEING and not only looking. I've only recently started practicing the difference. I love that you are commenting on my wife's blog. She really values what you say.

word verification: brrbq