Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fall Family Photos


One of our favourite Manitoba locations, besides home, is Clear Lake. Every October, the full extended Kehler family will retreat to the rented cabins for a long weekend. The lookout deck over the marshwalk has always been a place to stop and take family pictures. This year was no exception.

Arianna, our oldest, is confident and full of energy for her friends and soccer with boys at recess. She loves consumerism and would love it if mom and dad's bank accout were limitless. "Because you know what I really need? I really need a..."


Jane, next in the line, is a the truest friend any nine year old girl could ask for. Loyal and giving to the core. She is one of my six classical guitar students and has a good ear. She has an artists eye and a love for flavour. "I'm full but it just tastes so good..."

Big brother Micah and little Sammy are the best of buddies. Micah, not wanting Sam to feel left out of Nintendo even though Sam doesn't know what to do, will hook up a controller for Sam so that he can play too. I actually think that Micah secretly just wants to have an opponent to play against that won't fight back...and then pummel the crap out of Sam's guy. They would sit there and play and laugh all day if we let them. Off to read some books...we don't want our worlds to consist of merely the make believe...do we? ( note to self )

Sammy loves his mommy and can't stand it when she hints at leaving the house. "Don't worry Sam. Mommy's just going to get some milk. Mommy will be right back." Going for milk is the only excuse Sam will accept. "Joyce...whats with all this milk in the fridge?"


7 comments:

The Tart said...

Great pics. Lovely family.

andrea said...

I love love love seeing you guys en famille. You are the peaches and cream crowd, aren't you? What pisses me off, though, is the fact that I can't enlarge your photos any more than I can use the left button on my mouse to open up the comments. Maybe I'll see if you have these posted on Flickr....

kyknoord said...

I love the photos and the descriptions really bring them life.

joyce said...

I feel so exposed....
I love what you have written.

Christy said...

Nice to see the gorgeous faces that go with the new friends. :)

valerie walsh said...

Such a beautiful and loving family! This is a lovely and sweet post!

Brian the Mennonite said...

joli: Thanks for dropping in...and your comment.

andrea: Mmmmmm...peaches and cream. Where's my spoon? Sorry about the photo enlarging thing. There seem to be a few small annoying things about my blog that I can't fix.

kyknoord: Aaar, matey. That it be, that it be. :) (that's my warty face right there)

joyce: I'll show you exposed...

christy: Yes, but do you think we look fat? :)

val: My wife says to say that it's all an act and Joyce doesn't have hair any longer as I shaved all of it off during a recent lice episode...long story.