Sunday, January 15, 2006

HTML for dummies

Not only has Andrea inspired me to add a banner to my blog, (She just added an outstanding one to her's) but, together with her husband, has given me much needed assistance in actually showing me what to do to make mine. A couple of sheepish emails from me, and a couple of helpful ones from them, and voilĂ , there it is.

That reminds me of a story my brother-in-law likes to tell. He has a friend who likes to go on what he calls ride-alongs with the Winnipeg City Police. One time there was this call that came in from a man who had his car stolen. The police arrived and started to take the man's statement. The man was French and spoke in English with a very thick French accent. The man explained that he thought he heard a noise from the garage and so when he went down the hall and out to the garage to check on his car, (and imagine the thickest French accent you can muster) he said, "sure enough...there it was...gone!"

Thanks for your help Greg and Andrea.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Nice job Brian. I like it!

andy said...

Cool!

Brian the Mennonite said...

Thanks. I don't know if I'm happy with it yet but for now it will have to do. There's something not right about the style of text. Any thoughts?

andrea said...

The style is fine; did you try a bunch of different fonts? I wouldn't capitalize and add a period, though, as it's not a sentence. (You can take the teacher out of the cassroom but...)