Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm feeling insecure and I need some strokes.


This past spring and summer I participated in four runs. Two half marathons and two 10K runs. My goal was to also do two triathlons, but I didn't feel ready for the cycling portion of the races. This year, I hope to do all the same runs plus add another half marathon which is coming up in February. I hope that I will also be ready to complete the two triathlons as well. Training for a run I find to be quite managable, but getting ready for a triathlon takes up a lot more time, which I do not always have. Perhaps one of these years I'll also be brave enough to attempt the whole 26.2 miles.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Aha! ;)

andrea said...

Just a quickie comment, Brian, before I dash off and make three lunches and two breakfasts. The time commitment needed to do a triathlon and marathon is huge -- at least it would be for me -- which you need to take into consideration when planning such a goal, esp. with 4 kiddies. To make you feel better I'm pea green with envy about your current goals. I was just telling my husband yesterday how much I crave the training for another half marathon, but I have a chronic injury caused by OVERTRAINING (nobody told me I was going to get this old) and just can't put in the miles. So take care of yourself and your family and eerything else will fall into place. I'll be cheering from the sidelines, jealous as all get-out. :)