Sunday, December 18, 2005

Accepted

When Joyce and I were fresh in our dating relationship, there were some occasional doubts that arose whether we were a good match. O.K., Joyce was afraid that I was a freak and she needed to be reassured that I was alright. The person she trusted the most in the entire world was her sister Carol. Joyce says that Carol helped her to see what was really important and that I was the first of all her boyfriends that was actually fun to be with..."and look how cute he is."

Today Carol is over for the day. She arrived after church and stayed to blend in the with the lazy Sunday activities. She walked in when I was waking up from a power nap. She walked over to where I was on the couch and gave me the funky 1970's Birthday card you see here.

The inside of the card reads:

Happy Birthday Brian


sister's
you are the sunshine that brightens my^life.

Love, Carol
It's good to still be accepted after 15 years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to know that someone else's garage sale cast-offs (even 30 years later) can still deliver good (and entertaining) messages.

You're still the best guy in the world for my sister Joyce. Way to go Brian.

andrea said...

This is a treasure to have -- open-armed acceptance from one of your most-loved's loved ones. Have you any idea how rare that is?

Brian the Mennonite said...

Carol: It has always been my pleasure. Thanks for the re-purposed card. This one will not easily find its way to the dust bin.

Andrea: It is rare, I know. I'm reminded of that every time my side of the family gets together.

BTW- how do I get a price list for your paintings? Thanks.

andrea said...

I enjoyed the photos above -- especially the house built into the hillside (Hobbitesque in concept!). Email me at andreap (at) dccnet (dot) com and I'll tell you the price on anything you're curious about.