Thursday, December 08, 2005

Have a lick anyone?

This is the shirt I was wearing to work today. My wife bought it for me a bit ago and said that it could be my Christmas shirt. I'd never had a Christmas shirt before, and I typically don't wear anything that she buys for me, so to support her thoughtfulness, I said O.K.

The day was running as smoothly as it usually does, not without its, "Hey Fred, if you do that again, I'm going to have to crush your bones" and "If you don't settle down right now, Harry,I'll pick up my guitar and sing such an embarrassing song about you, it'll curdle your lunch milk." The coffee was good and hot and brewed to perfection. I'm the coffee committee of one.

Just as the last break was ending, in walks the gym teacher. As he is standing beside the water cooler he says to me, just as there is one of those infrequent lulls in the conversation, "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like licking you." Well guess what happened (besides me getting a boner)... the entire staffroom errupts into an "I can't believe you said that" laughter. He said I looked like a candy cane. Much was said by way of cover up and saving face, but the hillarity was unstoppable. We all left the staffroom to receive the students back from the minus 23 degree recess with smiles on our faces. I'm sure the students thought we were really happy to see them.

When we have our staff Christmas party on the 16th, my birthday, I think I'll wrap up the once worn shirt and give it to Dave and say, "I hope you don't take this the wrong way but, here...lick yourself."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just yummy

Darren said...

NICE...I tried to pick up one somewhat like this at a garage sale (just as a joke). Sherryl didn't think it was funny. It stayed at the garage.

Brian the Mennonite said...

Darren: Do you want mine?...a special price just for you. It's a great conversation piece. The staff is still buzzing about it today.

Brian the Mennonite said...

Joyce: Danke schoen honich.

Christy said...

Edible shirts..you could be on to a new trend. ;)