Saturday, December 24, 2005

Away in a Manger

I've done it. I convinced Joyce to join me in singing and playing a jazzed up version of Away in a Manger tonight at the candle light service at church.

I played guitar and sang last year, so when I was asked to play again this year, I wanted our friends to see and hear things a little differently. Joyce hasn't played clarinet for over 15 years...perhaps much longer. Her confidence was not that high, but we have been practicing for most of the day and she sounds great...even with the occasional squack. Our voices blend really well, and she looks hot with her new haircut. It makes me feel like I need to get some sort of a new cut just to fit in with her funky style.

After the service tonight we will come straight home...no staying long afterwards today as most people will have plans for their own intimate get togethers as families. We will put some music on, have a bedtime snack, and talk with the kids about how excited they are about tomorrow morning. Then off to dreamland filled with hope.

Imagination and magic are never lost with a sleeping child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a delight to hear you and Joyce sing together. I'm not saying it because I know you, I'm saying it because I've known you folk for a year now and it was truly an enjoyable performance. Here's to more!