Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Waiting for my car pool

I should be organizing my classroom but I don't want to.

I have about an hour and a half before my ride arrives. I look around and see the desks all higgledy piggledy and should be getting up right now and straightening them out, but I can't seem to get my butt off of this chair. Two computers are still on and need to be logged out and three library books will get swept away with rest of the learning debris on the floor if I don't come to their rescue.

All I feel like doing is spinning around in my chair, reading some of my favourite blogs which I've already read five times today, and possibly picking up my guitar and playing a few funky tunes loud...loud enough to make people pop their head in the classroom and stay for a chat...more distractions from doing what is needed. I could get up and make a pot of coffee but that would be a big waste. All I really want is the smell of it and perhaps a sip or two.

I really hate car pooling. I like it in the sense that most people do...the environment, conservation, minimalizing, etc., but I find it a real pain to wait. I'm not a patient man by nature. I want to get straight home and dive into the evening. Like I dive in the swimming pool three mornings a week. Like I dive into most things...not always with the right information, but with my Speedos on...or is that too much information. You get the picture, but you may not want that image.

Here I go...I'm almost up, ready to dive into what needs doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you come across the idea,

"before enlightenment -
chop wood, carry water
after enlightenment -
chop wood, carry water"

just curious

(Rod)

Brian the Mennonite said...

You've mentioned it to me before in real conversation. I'd like you to comment and remind me what you are thinking on how it applies here. Thanks buddy.